Monday, February 23, 2009

The Ice Storm

I have heard about freezing rain and ice storms but I could never really picture what they would be like. Any way we got to experience a pretty good one about a month ago. It is very surreal to look outside and see every branch of a tree, every blade of grass and every car encased in half an inch of glass - that's just what it looked like. And every flat surface becomes an instand ice rink. I took Max outside to walk on the crystallized grass forgetting that we had to cross the patio. Not the wisest of outings.
When the roads were finally somewhat safe to venture out we went to look around. It was the most magestic thing I have over seen.
















Many people were without power for over a week. Luckily we were only without power for one night.

3 comments:

Melinda Ford said...

Those photos are awesome!!! I'm glad we don't have to experience it, though it's nice that someone else does so we can see what it would look like! :)

grass said...

So COOL!!

Meghan said...

I finally feel like I have come up for air and and have to look at other people's posts! Look at Sam! He is adorable (and Max too of course) When does Matt get done with school? I miss you guys.